It’s been a while, but in honor of National Book Lovers Day, I thought I’d share my June and July book haul!
June was especially fun because I got a chance to spend a couple of hours at the Bay Area Book Festival in Berkeley (one of the perks of living in such a fun city!). There were so many tables hosted by small businesses and local publishers, and I was happy for an opportunity to support Asian and Asian-American authors.
July was a little slower because I was traveling. However, to prep for my trip I bought a couple of things for my Kindle. I finally finished A Game of Thrones and A Clash of Kings on plane and train rides, so that was exciting!
Let me know if you’ve read or are planning to read any of these!
Bay Area Book Festival:
- A Rey of Hope: The Unauthorized Guide to Feminism, Symbolism, and Hidden Gems in Star Wars: The Force Awakens by Valerie Estelle Frankel
- Nonsensibility: Or Finding Love, Friendship, Pride, Sensibility, Persuasion, Dilemma, and Creative Spelling in Mansfield Abbey by Valerie Estelle Frankel
- Berkeley One and Only by Jon Sullivan
- G33k Mafia by Rick Dakan
- As You Wish by Jake Kalsbeek (comic)
- The Cost of Lunch by Marge Piercy
- Waylaid by Ed Lin
- Migritude by Shailja Patel
- This is a Bust by Ed Lin
Half Price Books:
- The Finer Points of Sausage Dogs by Alexander McCall Smith
- At the Villa of Reduced Circumstances by Alexander McCall Smith
- Portuguese Irregular Verbs by Alexander McCall Smith
- Knee-Deep in Wonder by April Reynolds
- Plum Wine by Angela Davis-Gardner
- The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove by Christopher Moore
- Serafina and the Black Cloak by Robert Beatty
- Under the Udala Trees by Chinelo Okparanta
The Paper Menagerie and Other Stories by Ken Liu
- Song of Ice and Fire series (books 1-5) by George R.R. Martin