Places can be just as worthy of love as your favorite characters. The following is a short list of fictional settings that I like to call “home”, inspired by an article on fictional homes by Helen Maslin:
- Hogwarts from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
- Pemberley from Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- San Francisco* in the Tales of the City series by Armistead Maupin and in the Fremont Jones series by Dianne Day
- Buckshaw manor from the Flavia de Luce series by Alan Bradley
- Elinor’s home in Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
*Not fictional (thank goodness!), but the home-y places in the stories don’t all actually exist in the real S.F.
What are some of your favorite fictional places? Comment below!